This little meme was passed on to me by Liz Jarvis. It’s hard but it’s worth it. Five songs to live your life by. These are mine. What are yours?
1. Bridge Over Troubled Water – Simon and Garfunkel. This one has got me through everything from my parents’ divorce to my miscarriage. I always think of my best male friend when I hear it. I’ve known him since school and he’s still there.
2. Get Up Stand Up – Bob Marley and the Wailers. I’ve always been a person who makes noise.
3. Theme From Love Story. This was played at our wedding. I didn’t know, I hadn’t chosen it but my lovely Auntie told me afterwards and it is very apt.
4. Send Me On My Way – Rusted Root. The theme to Ice Age some number or other. Pixar has been the backdrop to my parenting years. My eldest now plays this on his guitar. It is jolly and makes me want to dance. I love to dance!
5. At The River – Groove Armada. This is our sailing song. Everyone should have a song which makes them want to catch the wind.