To my children. I would like you to know a few things about me. You don’t have to read this, you probably won’t, but if you do, know this:
1. I am a woman. Not just your Mummy/Mum/Mama. I existed before you and I will exist after you have spread your wings and flown away. I have dreams, hopes, fears. I am just like you.
2. I love your Dad/Daddy/Dadda. He may be a pain. He might not listen in just the way you want him to. He may be sarcastic and silly and he may not get it right with you sometimes. He may work too hard and not see you as often as you/he/I/we would like but he is my best friend, my soul mate, my love. He is wonderful and he and I will be together after you’ve flown. We will be here if you need us. Always.
3. I like doing dangerous things. Having you has moderated this because it matters that I live…but I still want to do them. When I look in the mirror I see a girl who wants to fly/jump/risk. A girl who wants to scream into the wind. A girl who has so many things left that she wants to do.
4. I don’t like liars, cheats, people who pretend they are something they are not. Be who you are because that is the best of you.
5. I like dancing in the rain.
This post was written for Ella’s Carnival at Notes Frome Home ‘5 Things You Want Your Children to Know About You’